Fullstack Software Engineer
If you are looking for a once in a lifetime opportunity to build awesome products, and the chance to reach out to millions of people, delivering world-class entertainment to fans all across the globe, this is your chance! We are looking for a talented software engineer, who cares about the product they are building. You would be working in a team where you have a voice in every part of the development process, from ideation, architecture, code, deployment and maintenance. You will sit within a strong development core team, and work on a wide array of tasks such as direct to consumer technology, emerging tech and innovation development projects, and also play a vital role in the ideation and planning of future product features, together with product management and UX.
• Play a key role in every aspect of the development process..
• Partner with stakeholders and product managers to define and deliver highly-scalable solutions.
• Build and deploy products and services based on the newest cloud technologies.
• Identify opportunities to improve our existing systems continuously.
• Be responsible, keep the scope and deliver iteratively.
• Discover and introduce new technologies to BLAST.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE
• 2+ years of experience building products quickly and iteratively
• Experience with modern cloud architecture, using things like serverless and containerization.
• Experience building distributed systems, like microservices and event-driven systems.
• Familiarity with technologies such as NodeJS, Kotlin, C# and Angular is a plus.
• An ability and eagerness to quickly learning new concepts and technologies.
• Experience within streaming video technologies is a plus.
• Ability to work at our Copenhagen office.
WHAT WE OFFER
• An opportunity to help build a new product offering, without a lot of legacy.
• Competitive salary package.
• A varied workday with a team of awesome colleagues.
• Time to innovate and research technologies and learn new things.
• Team events and social events.
• Picking your own high-end equipment and accessories.
You will be joining a new team within BLAST of highly skilled engineers, focused on building best-in-class innovative technology that can solve a range of complex technology problems. Our technology work falls into two main areas: broadcast technology and consumer-facing software development. Whatever we do, our ambition is to elevate fans’ experience: whether that be the broadcast they are watching or the platforms they are watching on.
We have a variety of cultures within the team, and we are not afraid to challenge each other on our strong, but loosely held, opinions. The entire team is involved in planning as well as executing, and we run a very light-weight agile process, which we will continuously look to improve.
You will have weekly 1:1s with your manager, through which you will be able to work on your personal development and growth, by setting clear goals and getting, as well as providing, direct and actionable feedback.
If this sounds awesome to you, then please send your resume and cover letter here:
BLAST is a global esports media network delivering world class entertainment experiences to millions of viewers. Whether it be intimate broadcast studio shows, arena events, digital platforms or top-class multi-platform content, we create the most exciting, exhilarating and euphoric moments in esports. This includes BLAST Premier; a worldwide Counter-Strike: Global Offensive tournament where the best teams and brightest stars fight it out for a $2.5m total prize pool. This is a unique opportunity to join a new esports organization that has already achieved success – to be part of and ensure its growth.
The working environment in BLAST is characterized by a healthy mix of experience and technology led development opportunities across the entertainment field in esports, as well as the occasional moon shots. All existing within a young and vibrant environment within a company still early on its journey with plenty of room to help create impact and excel personally and professionally. Furthermore, you will become a part of a deeply diverse team in skills and backgrounds, coming from traditional sports, entertainment and esports.
We broadcast 1.5 billion minutes of content of multiple esports titles to 150 territories across the world each year. This is powered by proprietary broadcast technology solutions including our flight pack, video distribution, HUD (In-Game Visual Interface) etc. As we have partnered with more publishers (Epic, Riot, EA etc.) we have increased the complexity and frequency