SENIOR PRODUCTION MANAGER
Reports to: Head of Content
Salary: TBC dependent on experience
BLAST is looking to hire a production manager who will support our team of producers and editors from our London office. BLAST produces hours of content for our broadcast shows, social channels and commercial partners throughout the year and we’re constantly growing and increasing our output. As part of this growth we’re looking for a highly organised production manager to help lead the department and ensure the successful delivery of our creative output.
AIM OF JOB
● To be responsible for managing clear communication between all departments and the production team, ensuring projects come in following the correct processes.
● The delegation of all production work to the department and / or freelance crews.
● To have basic technical knowledge of production and post production facilities and be able to advise on the most cost efficient practices when planning shoots.
● Management and successful delivery of all commercial and editorial projects with individual production teams.
● To be responsible for managing the staffing and costs for specific areas within the production department, and provide monthly cost reports to the Head of Content. Insuring all working cost documents are regularly updated.
● To be accountable for the effective financial planning and monitoring of all projects coming into the production department, and ensuring the work is done on budget and on schedule.
● To manage the team of producers and the post production team of editors, post production coordinators, team assistants and runners as the department grows, with a focus on their personal development.
● To be responsible for managing recruitment of producers and directors based on the needs of the project and the skills required from the teams to achieve this.
● To be responsible for initiating and updating systems and processes within the team to maintain a creative and collaborative culture, driving simplicity and synergy between production and all other departments in the business.
● To design and draft, negotiate and manage overall project plans/schedules and operational logistics, budgets and contracts for all projects. Identifying effective use of staff and resources.
● Management the completion and archiving of all rights clearances and all delivery paperwork. Future proofing all our work for TV delivery in the long term.
● To be accountable for ensuring the work of project teams complies with all rights and delivery requirements.
● To make judgements based on experience with the financial and resource constraints of demanding creative and make decisions accordingly.
● To prepare and negotiate effective, achievable budgets for all films.
● Along with the post team you will supervise and schedule activities of the team providing detailed advice and support.
● To draft and implement department safety rules, procedures and guidelines, making sure all producers have up to date training in H+S and First Aid Certificates.
● Weekend working will form part of the on-going work pattern however we can agree this in advance based on the schedule of the wider team and events throughout the year.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
● Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
● Experience of production workflows within digital production and television and the challenges associated with both in terms of budgets and productions.
● Experience of successfully managing large-scale projects and their budgets as well as the ability to adapt to smaller scale projects with lower budgets.
● In-depth knowledge and understanding of both the production process and it’s legal and health and safety requirements.
● Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills. Sensitive to sharing information with the most appropriate people.
● Experience of working proactively, with the ability to prioritise work under pressure of deadlines.
● Experience producing a rate card for both in house and branded productions and managing the various budgets accordingly.
● To advise sales and the Head of Content on ensuring various projects have the correct contingency and margin in place before sharing costs or signing off jobs if necessary.
WHAT WE OFFER
● A unique opportunity to join a new esports organisation that has already achieved success – to be part of, and ensure, its growth.
● Support across all areas of your role to further your development and enable you to contribute to the business to the best of your ability and potential.
● A positive, flexible working environment.
● A fantastic team whose background lies in a variety of fields across sport and entertainment.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to [email protected].