Reports to: Product Lead
BLAST is a global esports media network delivering world-class entertainment experiences. In 2020, BLAST saw over 146 million views and 1.5 billion minutes of content consumed across its platforms while expanding its product offering to bring over 500 hours of world-class esports to fans in multiple formats including popular titles CS:GO, VALORANT and DOTA 2.
The esports entertainment company has over 1 million subscribers and followers and is enjoyed in over 150 territories. BLAST creates new technology, production, content and platforms in partnership with leading brands, broadcasters and communities across the globe.
BLAST Premier is the jewel in the company’s crown and a leading worldwide Counter-Strike tournament where the best teams and brightest stars go head-to-head for a $2.47m prize pool.
You will be joining a new division within BLAST focused on becoming a best-in-class innovative technology team that can solve a range of complex technology problems.
Our technology work falls into two main areas: broadcast technology and consumer-facing software development. Whatever we do, our ambition is to elevate fans’ experience: whether that be the broadcast they are watching or the platforms they are watching on.
Our UI Designer will take on the following responsibilities:
• Drive the design of new stunning UI components, taking our user interface designs and components to the next level.
• Design mockups to communicate UI behaviors, including the production of screen layouts, user interface elements, and icons.
• Design UI components and style tokens, which are usable by others, not just one-off layouts and components.
• Develop spec manuals and instructions for developers and designers.
• Describe guidelines for visual styling, interaction design, accessibility etc.
• Build and maintain system assets and other graphic elements that will be used across the organization.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
• +3 years of user interface design experience.
• Good understanding of design systems, either as a consumer or a creator.
• Experience with the use of typography, colour, layout, and imagery and know how to bring these elements together to embody a brand’s personality, voice, and values into digital.
• Understanding of digital brands, bringing your designs to life across different platforms.
• Domain knowledge about human interface guidelines, accessibility, visual patterns, motion design, responsive UI and design system languages.
• Strong UX research skills with real cases to demonstrate ability.
• Fluent in English.
• Intrigued by understanding and designing for complex user scenarios.
• Work independently and have excellent problem-solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, networking and communication skills.
• Openness to receive and provide objective criticism and improve upon it.
• Interest in Esports and Gaming!(Preferable not required)
WHAT WE OFFER
An unique opportunity to work with a new esports organisation that has already achieved success and to be part of it’s growing creative talent pool
A positive, flexible working environment.
Working alongside a fantastic team whose background lies in a variety of fields across sport and entertainment.
If you think this is the right role for you please email your CV and portfolio to [email protected].