ESPORTS PRODUCT MANAGER
Location: London or Copenhagen
BLAST has rapidly established itself as a leading esports rights and IP owner, primarily within Counter-Strike, creating the annual BLAST Premier tournament. In 2020 BLAST created and/or delivered brand new IPs and competitions; BLAST Bounty Hunt – a dota2 tournament, the BLAST Valorant Twitch Invitational, Spike Nations by Twitch and the European First Strike Valorant tournament on behalf of Riot Games. In 2021 this expanded to working with Fortnite for the FNCS All-Star Showdown and creating BLAST Titans, an Apex Legends Tournament.
The Product Manager will help create new products and formats but will spend the majority of their time developing, improving and delivering existing ones. They will oversee product development and delivery alongside the project management team, to ensure the product is best in class and represents BLAST and all major stakeholders from conception to delivery.
This individual will use their experience and passion for esports and competitive gaming to support BLAST’s growth by:
● Understanding and enhancing BLAST’s unique proposition to/within the esports ecosystem.
● Creating new competition, broadcast and show formats for BLAST to own and/or deliver across a variety of games played competitively at an elite, or regional professional level.
● Supporting further ideas for live and non live content across esports and competitive gaming.
● Understanding and living the holistic and differentiating mindset that makes BLAST events stand out, through development, implementation and delivery of all broadcast and show products.
● Owning products that take place online/remotely or with live audiences and LAN environments.
● Work collaboratively with key departments to help grow, improve and shape the product whilst maintaining its purpose and outcomes.
● Ensuring the product is coherent across all aspects from talent selection and broadcast run of show, to broadcast graphics and brand purpose.
This individual will report to the VP Product & Experience but will work collaboratively with multiple departments to ensure propositions represent and contribute to the quality and value that BLAST brings to esports fans.
• An understanding of the value proposition within esports for:
o Games publishers creating or furthering the competitive ecosystem of their title
o Fans who watch live competitions, in person or online, and broader esports and gaming content (magazine shows, branded content etc)
o Players who compete at elite and grassroots level
o Commercial stakeholders from digital media platforms to endemic and non-endemic brands
• The ability to:
o Conceptualize, develop and execute on broadcast and show concepts following the desired values listed above.
o Identify needs and gaps in competitive gaming that BLAST could create an offering or identify where BLAST’s proposition could be best suited.
o Devise value generating propositions applicable for specific titles
o Articulate, package and present proposed concepts and formats
o Understand and respond to specific detailed briefs and/or RFPs from publishers.
o Operate projects with a large scale of autonomy and drive.
• The candidate should have experience in:
o Creating and delivering tournament formats and IPs for prominent gaming or esports titles.
o Be well versed in basic broadcast structure, lingo and building show and broadcast rundowns.
o Arena show development and execution.
Whilst we are all working remotely at present the individual should be able to work in either BLAST’s London or Copenhagen office.
WHAT WE OFFER
● Unique opportunity to join the development of a global esports company and be part of a fast-moving organisation that already has made a substantial footprint in the world of esports.
● An energetic, fun and social work environment with fantastic colleagues with headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark and an office in London, UK.
● An informal workplace with a high degree of flexibility and freedom with responsibility.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and short cover letter combined in one document.
For more information or questions please contact us at [email protected].