LEAD EDITOR / POST PRODUCTION MANAGER
Location: London or Copenhagen
Reports to: Head Of Content
Location: London (FTC)
Salary: TBC dependent on experience
BLAST is a global esports media network delivering world-class entertainment experiences. In 2020, BLAST saw over 146 million views and 1.5 billion minutes of content consumed across its platforms while expanding its product offering to bring over 500 hours of world-class esports to fans in multiple formats including ubscribers and followers and is enjoyed in over 150 territories. BLAST creates new technology, production, content and platforms in partnership with leading brands, broadcasters and communities across the globe.
BLAST Premier is the jewel in the company’s crown and a leading worldwide Counter-Strike tournament where the best teams and brightest stars go head-to-head for a $2.47m prize pool.
BLAST is looking to hire a Lead Editor who will also manage our post production workflows, based in our London office. BLAST produces hours of content for our broadcast shows, social channels and commercial partners throughout the year and we’re constantly growing and increasing our output. As part of this growth we’re looking for an experienced Lead Editor with Post Production Management experience to help us streamline our workflows and take on the following responsibilities:
• Editorial and commercial editing.
• Managing a small team of editors and providing feedback on edits.
• Managing a team of onsite editors at our tournaments and delivering quality content on the go.
• Managing our edit schedule with our production manager and ensuring the delivery and final quality of all productions.
• Working closely with our tech team on our long-term workflow and remote server project.
• Making sure that all delivery deadlines, standards and storylines are being met for all output.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL
• Have a genuine passion for esports, gaming and Counter-Strike.
• Care passionately about creating and ensuring success for BLAST’s brand in the most efficient and organised way to ensure deadlines are met.
• A natural in building positive, productive external and internal relationships.
• Be adaptable in an ever changing and evolving landscape.
• Be approachable and personable to work cross functionally across the organisation.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• A least 5 years experience in Post Production.
• Be proficient with editing software including Adobe Premiere, and familiarity and/or experience of Adobe After Effects.
• Excellent day-to-day project management.
• Positive, proactive and friendly attitude.
• Strong relationship management internally and externally (across the organisation and with freelance editors).
• Excellent organisational and communication skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines and communicate clearly is essential.
• Attention to detail and ability to multitask is essential.
• Ability to develop and manage realistic and effective timelines.
• The confidence to bring your experience and ability to the team alongside a willingness to learn and develop your skills.
• The enthusiasm, passion and team ethic to ensure you deliver success as an individual and as part of a collaborative team with shared goals.
WHAT WE OFFER
An unique opportunity to join a new esports organisation that has already achieved success – to be part of, and ensure, its growth.
Support across all areas of your role to further your development and enable you to contribute to the business to the best of your ability and potential.
A positive, flexible working environment.
A fantastic team whose background lies in a variety of fields across sport and entertainment.
For more information or questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.