Start date: ASAP
Location: Copenhagen or London
Reports to: COO
BLAST has rapidly established itself as a leading esports rights and IP owner, primarily within Counter-Strike, creating the annual BLAST Premier tournament. In 2020 BLAST created and/or delivered brand new IPs and competitions; BLAST Bounty Hunt – a dota2 tournament, the BLAST Valorant Twitch Invitational, Spike Nations by Twitch and the European First Strike Valorant tournament with Riot Games. In 2021 this expanded to working with Fortnite for the FNCS All-Star Showdown and creating BLAST Titans, an Apex Legends Tournament.
BLAST’s projects are almost exclusively based in esports, gaming and entertainment with a major output component being live, world-class broadcast and content – with key external stakeholders including AAA game publishers, commercial partners and global esports teams.
The Projects Director plays a vital role in ensuring new and existing projects are set up, managed, optimised and delivered from conception to execution. The role will oversee the entire initiative of key new projects and the interconnected workflows and contributions within them.
The role will be responsible for designing project plans with briefs and objectives from stakeholders in mind to meet project goals and KPIs. This will be done in close connection with the VP of Commercial who is leading the commercial relation to the key project stakeholders.
Additionally, the role will be to liaise internally between departments and create workflows to ensure complex projects spanning areas such as technology, graphics, broadcast, commercial, creative, product, marketing, communications and operations, come together for efficient collaboration resulting in world-class delivery.
The Projects Director will likely have external client stakeholder management responsibilities alongside leading internal processes. The role will not include management of sponsors and broadcasters which are managed by the commercial team.
• An experienced professional who can lead complex and agile project delivery.
• Able to understand key project outcomes KPIs (e.g. client or stakeholder satisfaction, viewership, quality levels etc.) and ensure the project is optimized to deliver them and decision-making during the project still prioritizes delivery of the KPIs.
• Strong understanding of live broadcast projects and their component parts will be a big plus.
• Ability to set up project budgets, using expertise from individual departments, the role will be accountable for on-budget delivery..
• A leader that empowers the team to take ownership for their work to ensure timelines are met, while clearly articulating the plan and critical path to get to launch.
• A fantastic relationship builder to bring together project teams from multiple departments toward one goal, harnessing their input and contributions within the project framework to improve outcomes, alongside some external stakeholder management.
• Problem solver – someone who can foresee potential project issues (e.g. under-estimated staff time on one project element) and think proactively to solve for them before they impact project quality, or act quickly to respond to them.
• Willingness to bring expertise but learn and adapt. No two projects are the same, and are within an esports world which is rapidly evolving, so best practice should be brought in and then evolved to ensure BLAST stays best in class, whilst maximising the insights and expertise of BLAST’s component project teams.
• Able to set up workflows for individuals, teams and external stakeholders based in multiple locations to collaborate, on tools such as Asana.
SOME OF WHAT WE OFFER
• Unique opportunity to join the development of a global esports company and be part of a fast-moving organisation that already has made a substantial footprint in the world of esports.
• An energetic, fun and social work environment with fantastic colleagues with headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark and an office in London, UK.
• An informal workplace with a high degree of flexibility and freedom with responsibility.
For more information or questions please contact us at [email protected].
We encourage all relevant applicants to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status. All qualified applicants will be given equal opportunity and the selection is based on job-related factors.