SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER
Reports to: VP Product
BLAST is a global esports media network delivering world-class entertainment experiences. In 2020, BLAST saw over 146 million views and 1.5 billion minutes of content consumed across its platforms while expanding its product offering to bring over 500 hours of world-class esports to fans in multiple formats including popular titles CS:GO, VALORANT and DOTA 2.
The esports entertainment company has over 1 million subscribers and followers and is enjoyed in over 150 territories. BLAST creates new technology, production, content and platforms in partnership with leading brands, broadcasters and communities across the globe.
BLAST Premier is the jewel in the company’s crown and a leading worldwide Counter-Strike tournament where the best teams and brightest stars go head-to-head for a $2.47m prize pool.
We’re seeking a visionary Senior Product Manager who’s looking for a stretch role and the opportunity to demonstrate they’re ready for the next step in their career. You’ll have a background in building digital products that acquire, engage and monetise an audience. You’ll help drive strategic roadmaps and set us up for success across digital projects.
We’re looking for someone comfortable with ambiguity and a strategic leader, but also ready to roll up their sleeves and lead from the front.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL
● Manage internal digital product team.
● Be comfortable in living and managing the vision of products being developed, with both short term and long term goals in mind.
● Continue to shape our digital products, with a high degree of stakeholder and end-user involvement.
● “Hold” and communicate the product vision and strategies, working with the wider business and key stakeholders to realise it.
● Feel comfortable in a fast paced environment which doesn’t necessarily operate as a traditional software company.
● Run product discoveries through subject research and a data- and user-centered approach.
● Define objectives and key results for the product development teams to orient around.
● Understand the competitive landscape with a view to (a) ensuring BLAST delivers on its USP’s, and (b) identifying new industry and technology solutions and innovation that we can bring into the BLAST experiences.
● Work with a dynamic team of engineers, creatives and marketeers to launch and grow digital products in the esports space.
● Manage one Product Owner and a team of ~10 engineers at the outset, with scope to grow the product and technology team over time.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
● 5+ years of professional experience
● Proven track record in product development and project management
● Entertainment and/or technology background
● Have management experience within the tech industry
WHAT WE OFFER
● A unique opportunity to join a new esports organisation that has already achieved success – to be part of, and ensure, its growth.
● Support across all areas of your role to further your development and enable you to contribute to the business to the best of your ability and potential.
● A positive, flexible working environment.
● A fantastic team whose background lies in a variety of fields across development, software, esports and entertainment.
If this caught your attention, please send your motivated application and resume in one combined file sooner rather than later.
For more information or questions please contact us at [email protected].