SOCIAL MEDIA EXECUTIVE
Location: Copenhagenn (Flexible)
Reports to: Director of Digital
Salary: TBC dependent on experience
Role: Fixed term contract until end of 2021.
BLAST is a global esports media network delivering world-class entertainment experiences. In 2020, BLAST saw over 146 million views and 1.5 billion minutes of content consumed across its platforms while expanding its product offering to bring over 500 hours of world-class esports to fans in multiple formats including popular titles CS:GO, VALORANT and DOTA 2.
The esports entertainment company has over 1 million subscribers and followers and is enjoyed in over 150 territories. BLAST creates new technology, production, content and platforms in partnership with leading brands, broadcasters and communities across the globe.
BLAST Premier is the jewel in the company’s crown and a leading worldwide Counter-Strike tournament where the best teams and brightest stars go head-to-head for a $2.47m prize pool.
BLAST is looking for an entry level Junior Social Media Manager with a passion and understanding of gaming and esports to join the BLAST Social Media Team.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing a social media strategy across multiple channels and projects, ensuring our platforms maintain momentum and creating best in class social content in the gaming and esports communities. You will work closely with our Social Media Editor and Senior Social Media Manager within the BLAST team.
Social Media Executives will take on the following responsibilities:
● Keep the BLAST Premier social media channels populated with community driven content.
● Manage the BLAST Premier communities, responding to queries and questions across Twitter, facebook, Instagram, YouTube and TikTok.
● Work with designers, editors and independently to create social content.
● Report into the Director of Digital and Senior Social Media Manager with regular social updates and any queries/issues.
● Execute the day to day tasks under BLAST’s social strategy across multiple channels and projects (including but not limited to; Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok).
● Controlling and executing social calendars and various documents to collate creative ideas
● Ability to write punchy, cutting and copy befitting the BLAST Premier tone of voice.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL
● Have a genuine passion for esports, gaming, in particular Counter-Strike.
● Have a good knowledge and understanding of esports and CS teams/players.
● Care passionately about creating and ensuring success for BLAST’s brand in the most efficient and organised way to ensure deadlines are met.
● Be adaptable in an ever changing and evolving landscape.
● Be approachable and personable to work cross functionally across the organisation for the duration of their contract.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
● Positive, proactive and friendly attitude.
● Good organisational and communication skills.
● Ability to meet deadlines and communicate clearly is essential.
● Attention to detail and ability to multitask is essential.
● Ability to develop and manage realistic and effective timelines.
● The confidence to bring your experience and ability to the team alongside a willingness to learn and develop your skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
● An unique opportunity to work with a new esports organisation that has already achieved success and to be part of it’s growing creative talent pool.
● A positive, flexible working environment.
● Working alongside a fantastic team whose background lies in a variety of fields across sport and entertainment.
For more information or questions please contact us at [email protected].