Senior UX Designer
Reports to: Product Lead
BLAST is a global esports media network delivering world-class entertainment experiences. In 2020, BLAST saw over 146 million views and 1.5 billion minutes of content consumed across its platforms while expanding its product offering to bring over 500 hours of world-class esports to fans in multiple formats including popular titles CS:GO, VALORANT and DOTA 2.
The esports entertainment company has over 1 million subscribers and followers and is enjoyed in over 150 territories. BLAST creates new technology, production, content and platforms in partnership with leading brands, broadcasters and communities across the globe.
BLAST Premier is the jewel in the company’s crown and a leading worldwide Counter-Strike tournament where the best teams and brightest stars go head-to-head for a $2.47m prize pool.
You will be joining a new division within BLAST focused on becoming a best-in-class innovative technology team that can solve a range of complex technology problems.
Our technology work falls into two main areas: broadcast technology and consumer-facing software development. Whatever we do, our ambition is to elevate fans’ experience: whether that be the broadcast they are watching or the platforms they are watching on.
Our UX Designer will take on the following responsibilities:
• Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes from early stages to high fidelity workflows and interactions to inform product specifications, roadmaps and implementation.
• Find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges. Partnering closely with engineering, artist and product peers, you’ll tackle problems and come up with solutions that delight and empower our end-users.
• Propose and effectively communicate designs to the production team through wireframes, interactive prototypes, and documentation.
• Drive product quality by contributing to design systems and frameworks.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL
• 5+ years of experience in UX roles.
• A portfolio of work that contains examples of interaction patterns with an excellent attention to detail.
• Experience analyzing research data and communicating it visually through user personas and journey maps.
• Outstanding communication skills and proven ability to rally partners around solving user problems.
• Fluent in English.
• Experience working with design systems, we use Figma.
• Strong UX research skills with real cases to demonstrate ability.
• Knowledge of scrum development process and experience with product management tools such as Jira.
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE (PREFERABLE NOT REQUIRED)
• Experience employing data and research to drive digital product design.
• Experience with designing complex interfaces such as entertainment platforms, data visualization tools, etc.
• Interest in Esports and Gaming!
WHAT WE OFFER
An unique opportunity to work with a new esports organisation that has already achieved success and to be part of it’s growing creative talent pool
A positive, flexible working environment.
Working alongside a fantastic team whose background lies in a variety of fields across sport and entertainment.
If you think this is the right role for you please email your CV and portfolio to [email protected].